Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy Ever After, Matthew and Michele!

Congratulations to Matthew and Michele Dakho, whose lovely wedding I attended on Sunday. The setting was the sprawling lawn and gazebo in front of the Dearborn Inn. Strains of music from Fellini's Amacord floated on the delicate breeze as we took our seats. Presently, a pair of children, a small boy and a chubby, barely-redhaired toddler in a tiny gown began the procession of attendants, which were all children! Isn't that great? I just loved that. Matthew's son Noah was the best man and his cousin Isabel Kado was the maid of honor. The wedding ceremoney was simple and so aesthetic. Probably the most tasteful wedding I've attended. And, thank you, Matthew and Michele, for dispensing with the lighting of the "unity candle." I hate it when I see that tired, unoriginal and overused faux tradition at weddings! Instead, they did a sand ritual in which they each poured different-colored sand from two separate glass containers into a larger one, symbolizing the blending of their lives and families. Much better.

Anyway, the reception and dinner at the Dearborn Inn were wonderful, the food and cake were great. But just as we were at the "tiny mint" stage (for those of you who don't know, that's a reference from Monty Python's Meaning of Life), Matthew led us to a table laden with the richest, most delectable confections along with a huge chocolate fountain. Wow! I have never turned down a sweet, let alone chocolate, but even I had a limit. I had no choice but to shake a leg on the dance floor with Noah just to get the blood flowing somewhere other than my stomach.

Much happiness to you, Matthew and Michele (and Noah too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment