Monday, September 7, 2009

The Lovely & Talented Deirdre Tracey

It's been an eventful week (I'll tell you about my "Annual Day Off" in a later post.) But I would be remiss if I failed to mention the presence of fellow actor -- and my friend -- Deirdre Tracey on our set Sunday the 30th of August, 2009, at the aforementioned May home.

It was actually Brian the Director's idea to cast a member of the Panic In Detroit (aka Corrupted Minds) lineup in a guest star role. What a great idea it was! Deirdre Tracey was asked to play the role of Anne Arlington, trophy wife -- and slightly resentful -- of her wealthy and influential magnate husband, Jack Arlington (played to GQ perfection by Rhys Wyn Trenhaile.) Luckily, Deirdre accepted the role and filled it beautifully: bringing her unmatched grace, unerring taste and -- best of all -- dry sense of humor.

As a matter of fact, Matthew Dakho is to be credited because several times I looked over and saw Deirdre laughing merrily at something Matthew had just said. And since it appeared he was talking non-stop, she was laughing every time I saw her.

By the way, in an unrelated note, it was Deirdre's dad that schooled me on the fact that in reality there's no such thing as "Scotch-Irish." It was a term invented in this country in the 19th century to gain acceptance for unwanted Irish immigrants by associating them with the more accepted Scottish-American population. And it's true; when I visited Ireland for my sister's wedding some years ago, the term is non-existent there.

But getting back to my story... . When it came time to say good-bye to Deirdre, it was my privilege to visit for a few moments with Miss Nadia Catherine Raft -- or as I've often referred to her, "Princess." Nadia is Deirdre's lovely little daughter who shares her mothers long limbs and flirtatious demeanor and her dad's true blue eyes and smile. (It was nice to see you, too, Greg Raft! I don't know what's going on up there in Saginaw, but you all looked SO great!!)

Well, there's so much more I could say, not only about my friend but about the magical day we had in North Branch at Mr. May's house. But time's short today. Stay tuned for more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment